World Poker Tour 2020 is hosting their latest edition in the Philippines from 6th – 17th February. 7 tournaments have declared winners – Edilberto Gopez for All Bankrolls Kickoff, Xin Lin for Deepstack NLH, Nicholas Lim for PLO, and Joshua Chargualaf for Turbo NLH Freezeout amongst others. The Main Event PHP 12 million GTD will run from 14th – 17th February.
The WPT is currently underway in the Philippines, commenced from the 6th – 17th February at Okada Manila. 7 tournaments have declared their winners till now. The All Bankrolls Kickoff was the first event consisting of 6 starting flights and localite Edilberto Gopez turned out to claim the PHP 596,200 prize and the prestigious title.
Event 1 attracted a total of 371 entries for buy-ins ranging from PHP 5,000 to PHP 20,000. A couple players progressed from each day and the showdown saw 32 players resuming the day to their seats. It was Overall chip leader Florencia Campomanes who had a huge stack of 1,064,000, Emmanuel Segismundo with 735k in chips and Flight 5 chip incharge Christopher Mateo with 697k in chips. Mateo got eliminated in 6th place and the five players agreed to flip for the trophy. Euryd Rivera got out in 5th place with PHP 308k, Wilson Tolon for PHP 324k, Joseph Sia in 3rd place for PHP 434k, Segismundo in 2nd place for PHP 624k and the trophy ending up with Gopez!
Top 10 payouts:
- Edilberto Gopez – PHP 596,200
- Emmanuel Segismundo – PHP 642,800
- Joseph Sia – PHP 434,500
- Wilson Tolon – PHP 324,100
- Euryd Rivera – PHP 308,000
- Christopher Mateo – PHP 912,900
- Ryan McAllister – PHP 1657,500
- Terry Gonzaga – PHP 140,000
- Jessie Leonarez – PHP 115,000
- Bryan Santos – PHP 98,000
Event 5: Deepstack NLH attracted 135 runners for a buy-in of PHP 8,000. The entries created a prize pool of PHP 921,888 and the top 17 places ended ITM. China’s Xin Lin outlasted the field to seize PHP 260,000 in prize money.
Top 10 payouts:
- Xin Lin – PHP 260,000
- Nader Ammar – PHP 165,000
- Reagan Benico – PHP 98,000
- Michelle Porte – PHP 60,000
- Ryan Anderkin – PHP 45,500
- Jose Colada – PHP 39,000
- Yasuharu Kawamoto – PHP 33,500
- Eriko Kotani – PHP 29,888
- Keisuke Kimura – PHP 26,000
- Jimmie Javier – PHP 23,000
Event 6: PLO was a 2-day event registering 43 players to create a prize pool of PHP 750,780 where top 6 places ended ITM. Netherland’s Joris Michi took home a prize of PHP 45,000 ending in 6th place, followed by Australia’s Anothon Abram for PHP 60,000. The tournament gradually reached heads-up play with Nicholas Lim railing out Takusu Sugiru in 2nd place. The Australian player earned the trophy along with PHP 293,000 in prize money.
Top 6 payouts:
- Nicholas Lim – PHP 293,000
- Takusu Sugiura – PHP 172,780
- Kentaro Sako – PHP 105,000
- Masahiro Kikuchi – PHP 75,000
- Anthony Abram – PHP 60,000
- Joris Michi – PHP 45,000
Turbo NLH Freezeout
Event 7: Turbo NLH Freezeout registered 53 players after a buy-in of PHP 15,000 creating a PHP 649,035 prize pool. Top 7 places earned a share for the same. Guam’s Joshua Chargualaf claimed first place prize money of PHP 240,000, thereby adding his 4th career win and first-ever WPT title.
Top 7 payouts:
- Joshua Chargualaf – PHP 240,000
- Jacque Ramsden – PHP 170,000
- Yann Lemaire – PHP 933,500
- Jaeuk Lee – PHP 66,000
- Ryan Peter Malangen – PHP 52,000
- Yasuharu Kawamoto – PHP 41,500
- Christopher Barclay – PHP 31,035
The festival consists of 21 tournaments and players are waiting to see the Main Event PHP 12 million GTD in action that is scheduled to run from 14th – 17th February 2020.