Playing Poker online requires a lot of physical and mental effort. All the long hours of grinding cash tables and MTT’s require a lot of effort. Also, in our country, due to the climate, electronics such as mobile phones and laptops tend to get heated quicker than they should. You need a device that can support overclocking and has a strong processing unit to deal with the long hours of playing time.
Many companies like Acer, Dell, Apple, Lenovo offer configurations in their laptops which are just perfect for playing poker. The best laptops for Poker have a great screen resolution; these are usually full HD with good viewing angles. The laptops are equipped with the genuine windows operating system, a dedicated graphics card of at least 512 MB, built-in WiFi and offer great performance. Most of these laptops come with 15 inches to 18 inches large size screens(larger is better) and have good battery life. Also, you must install, if not pre-installed, a good antivirus.
Here is our top 5 laptops for poker players:
1. Dell G7 17” Gaming Laptop:
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6…
- 17. 3 inch FullHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 300-nits Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe solid state Drive
- Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6G GDDR5 Video Graphics
- SD card reader, USB 3.1
High performance combined with a reliable build, the Dell G7 is a good choice for overclocking.
2. MSI GF75 Thin 17.3” Gaming Laptop:
- Display: 17.3″ Thin Bezel FHD, IPS-Level 100%sRGB 1920×1080…
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 [Max-Q] 4G GDDR5
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750h 2.6 – 4.5GHz
- Memory: 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
This laptop has everything you need for gaming. Great processor, incredible graphic card and long lasting battery life!
3. HP 17” HD+ WLED Backlit Notebook:
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor, quad-core -…
- 16GB Intel Optane SSD Memory Card
- 17″ Hd+ SVA bright View WLED-backlit Display
- Next-generation wireless connectivity
- Windows 10 operating system
Another solid and reliable choice for poker players, the HP 17” Notebook is fast at everything it does. Great battery life and solid build, a very well designed piece of machinery.
4. LG Gram 17” WQXGA:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U Processor 1.8GHz
- 256GB M.2 SATA Solid State Drive
- With Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader
- 17 Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS Display Ultra Thin
The LG Gram is so light and thin, you can take it anywhere you want! A highly advanced build and very minimal design. The perfect laptop for overclocking and grinding poker!
5. ROG Strix Scar II Gaming Laptop:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
- Tackle any task with the Intel Core i7-8750H (up to 3.9GHz)
- 17.3” high refresh rate 144Hz IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
- Gigabit wave 2 802.11AC Wi-Fi | Quad antennas
- Hypercool Pro thermal system | Dual 12V fans
- Customizable ASUS Aura RGB Gaming Keyboard, RGB ROG logo
This is one of those that got mixed reviews from its user base. The ROG Strix SCAR II combines great features and specs but couldn’t satisfy a lot of people for some reason. We’d recommend you guys to buy this because this checks all the boxes for playing poker. Great screen, good battery and good processor.
Playing poker does not require a lot of configurations or strong specs but you still need a good laptop so that you don’t face any delays or problems. Other than that, poker usually runs smoothly on most laptops. These 5 laptops, we feel, are perfect for overclocking and grinding those 8-10 hours of poker.
For more interesting blogs and information about poker news, keep reading PokerShots!